Afghanistan is among the countries where living conditions are very difficult due to harsh nature and the conflict in the country. Therefore local people have a hard time finding firewood and food during winter. Potable water is also scant in the country where IHH Humanitarian Relief Foundation tries to offer a helping hand to those in need with the help of charitable donors from Turkey.
IHH teams who traveled to the region in order to deliver the aid in person facilitated the distribution of food, firewood and the construction of schools, building wells and organization of vocational training programs in sewing, thus brought hope to thousands of people
5 Separate Activities
IHH team carried out five different activities in the region, which are as follows:
- Winter food aid to two thousand families living in Mezar Sherif, Takhar, Badakhshan, Lagman, Jalalabad, and capital Kabul.
- Firewood aid to 350 families living in Semengan, Badakhshan, Takhar ve Kunduz provinces.
- In Takhar province Julga High School where 1050 students are sponsored by Sultanbeyli IHH branch was destroyed due to harsh conditions. IHH has rebuilt the school. In April following the last inspections the school will open doors to students who will continue their studies in clean and fresh classrooms.
- Inspection of the wells under construction
- Visiting vocational training programs in sewing and embroidery organized in Semengan and Talokon provinces where high school girls also teach the participants mostly widow women how to read and write
“IHH stands with Afghan People”
IHH Central Asia and Caucasus Department Deputy Head Ayvazov who flied to Afghanistan to see the activities in person said, “IHH keeps working toward healing and standing with the suffering Afghan people in their difficult times. That is why we came to Afghanistan, which experiences extremely harsh weather conditions lately, in order to carry out our relief operations.
A 160 Children Capacity New Orphanage
IHH plans to built a new 160 children capacity orphanage is Taloqan city of Takhar province.
Humanitarian Relief Kategorisine Son Eklenen Haberler
Winter Aid to 20 Thousand Orphans
IHH Humanitarian Relief Foundation provided 20 thousand orphans living in Turkey and Syria, where the civil war continues, with aid consisting of winter clothing with the support of our donators.
Humanitarian Aid to 9 Thousand Somalians
IHH Humanitarian Relief Foundation delivered aid to 9 thousand Somalians that migrated to the capital Mogadishu following the drought that began in the first months of 2017.
We reached our goal of 100,000 cataract surgeries
As of 2017, the project launched by IHH Humanitarian Aid Foundation in Africa 10 years ago called “100 Thousand Cataract Surgeries in Africa” has been completed. The project is to become globalized with the launch to be held in Istanbul on November 25.