Afghanistan is among the countries where living conditions are very difficult due to harsh nature and the conflict in the country. Therefore local people have a hard time finding firewood and food during winter. Potable water is also scant in the country where IHH Humanitarian Relief Foundation tries to offer a helping hand to those in need with the help of charitable donors from Turkey.
IHH teams who traveled to the region in order to deliver the aid in person facilitated the distribution of food, firewood and the construction of schools, building wells and organization of vocational training programs in sewing, thus brought hope to thousands of people
5 Separate Activities
IHH team carried out five different activities in the region, which are as follows:
- Winter food aid to two thousand families living in Mezar Sherif, Takhar, Badakhshan, Lagman, Jalalabad, and capital Kabul.
- Firewood aid to 350 families living in Semengan, Badakhshan, Takhar ve Kunduz provinces.
- In Takhar province Julga High School where 1050 students are sponsored by Sultanbeyli IHH branch was destroyed due to harsh conditions. IHH has rebuilt the school. In April following the last inspections the school will open doors to students who will continue their studies in clean and fresh classrooms.
- Inspection of the wells under construction
- Visiting vocational training programs in sewing and embroidery organized in Semengan and Talokon provinces where high school girls also teach the participants mostly widow women how to read and write
“IHH stands with Afghan People”
IHH Central Asia and Caucasus Department Deputy Head Ayvazov who flied to Afghanistan to see the activities in person said, “IHH keeps working toward healing and standing with the suffering Afghan people in their difficult times. That is why we came to Afghanistan, which experiences extremely harsh weather conditions lately, in order to carry out our relief operations.
A 160 Children Capacity New Orphanage
IHH plans to built a new 160 children capacity orphanage is Taloqan city of Takhar province.