IHH has been working since 1992 with the purpose to deliver aid to all people who are in need, who had a catastrophe, who are victims of war, natural disaster, etc. or wounded, crippled, starved, homeless and persecuted thereof, wherever they are regardless of their religion, language, race or sect and to prevent the violation of the basic human rights and freedoms of those people. IHH’s voluntary relief activities have evolved to an official organization in 1995 and spread around five continents as it established a bridge of goodwill stretching from Turkey to 135 countries and territories.
IHH gives priority to the following in its relief operations:
- War-zone or war-torn countries and territories
- Regions struck by natural disasters
- Poverty-stricken countries and territories
- To give all needy and oppressed people the chance of a dignified life while delivering aid wherever they are with an understanding of universal brotherhood in order to help prevent evil and to let the good and justice prevail
- To work toward stopping the policies and activities persecuting and discriminating people in order to prevent violations of their basic rights and freedoms
- To keep up practicing unchanging values in a changing world
- To let the good will rule everywhere.
- To eliminate the negative effects of wars and natural disasters and to create the circumstances that will allow the individuals and the communities become self-dependent.
- To pioneer the humanitarian work globally and improve the cooperation between the countries and the organizations to pave the way to the formation of a common consciousness.
- To strengthen the individuals and the organizations in impoverished communities.
- To reach out to the regions of crisis immediately to efficiently minimize the damage as much as possible.
- To offer permanent solutions by realizing permanent project.
- To contribute to the elimination of poverty and establishment of justice.
- To pioneer.
- To bridge the nations.
- To be the judge.
- To be the voice of the oppressed.
- To help the creation of a just world where there is no exploitation.
- To use what is entrusted to us in the best way possible.
- To be transparent.
- To prioritize not the brand or the name but serving the people.
- To help every person and people in need regardless of religion, race, language or sect.
The authorities and several bodies have shown their appreciation for IHH’s relief activities since 1995. IHH’s achievements are testified by the awards that it received. The latest awards are as follows:
- “The Best Use of Resources Toward Realization of Its Objectives” Award granted by General Directorate of Foundations (2005)
- “The Best Realized Project” Award for IHH’s Ashiyana Orphanage in Pakistan granted by General Directorate of Foundations (2006)
- “The Best Realized Project” Award for IHH’s Women Education Centre in Somalia granted by General Directorate of Foundations (2006)
- “The Best Realized Project” Award for IHH’s Mobile Hospital in Iraq granted by General Directorate of Foundations (2006)
- Outstanding Service Award granted by the Turkish Parliament (2007)
- Human Rights Award granted by COJEP International (2010)