This year IHH Humanitarian Relief Foundation will conduct the 5th Orphan Solidarity Days (OSD). The 23,018 orphans from Turkey and 157,375 orphans overseas will benefit from the 427 projects that will be implemented in 41 countries.
IHH, is currently supporting 60,000 orphans around 8,000 of these orphans are from Turkey, organizes a great aid program since 2011 under the title "Orphan Solidarity Days".
IHH Humanitarian Relief Foundation is aiming to reach out to 180,000 orphans from 41 different countries with 427 projects under the 2015 Orphan Solidarity Days program which will start in March and continue on in April and May.
116 projects of the 427 projects prepared for the 2015 Orphan Solidarity Days will be implemented in 28 provinces of Turkey.
Countries and regions that will be visited
Teams from Turkey will be sent to 32 countries to participate in the regular orphan work program, and for the remaining 9 countries, work will be carried out by partner institutions.
Countries that will be visited: Lebanon, Turkey, Syria, Yemen, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Mauritania, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Afghanistan, Myanmar/Arakan, Bangladesh, Indonesia/Aceh, Philippines/Moro, India, Pakistan, Thailand/Pattani, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Kosovo, Sanzak, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Georgia.
The countries and regions our partner organizations will be in charge of are: Chad, Ghana, Egypt, Rwanda, Palestine, Iraq, Presov, Chechnya and Haiti.
Cultural aid projects appear among the projects that will be implemented within the organization, and they are home repair and construction, greenhouse, social aid projects such as milch animal distribution, circumcision organization, hygien kit distribution, health assistance projects such as health screening, school constructions, education aid projects such as stationery distribution, poem, essay, painting and knowledge contests.
Within the project 2015 Oprhan Solidarity Days organized by IHH Humanitarian Relief Foundation, 23,018 orphans from Turkey and 157,375 orphans overseas will benefit from the 427 projects.
New orphanages that will be in service:
So far IHH has constructed 24 orphanages around the world, and this year our plan is to construct another 4 in this year’s OSD. The orphanages in service are the following:
• Ugur Suleyman Soylemez Orphanage – Philippines/Moro
• İtfaiyeciler Orphanage - Thailand/ Patani
• Ferah Orphanage- Uganda
• Gilgit Orphanage - Pakistan
Orphan Solidarity Days
First held in 2011, the Orphan Solidarity Days is conducted in February-March-April every year with orphan works and various activities that are implemented during IHH's visits to countries.
• To visit and examine on site the countries and regions where the orphan works are carried out.
• To enforce projects that will meet the basic needs of orphans.
• To organize education for orphans, health, social welfare and cultural projects with sightseeing/entertainment.
• To ensure that orphan families will stand on their own feet with development projects.
• To closely monitor and report activities of the orphan projects through partner institutions.
• To contribute to the development of partner institutions working on orphan projects together.
• To strengthen the relationship between the sponsor-orphan through the donors among the teams that visits countries and regions.
• To become acquainted with our orphan children and their families, to show them affection and develop a familiarity between us.
• To open the completed orphanages for service.
• The psychologists and pedagogues that are with the team that is travelling to regions of where the orphanages are, are to observe the psychological situations of the children on site, and to identify children with disabilities and work on projects that will aid these children.
How can you contribute to the Orphan Solidarity Days project?
You can support one or several of the Orphan Solidarity Projects as an individual, organizational or volunteer group. For more information about the Orphan Solidarity Days and projects you can call us on 0212 631 2121/ 236 to speak about the project you would like to support.